Saturday, March 2, 2019

Teacher Talk: Pedagogy Principle #2-Preparedness

UPDATED: Then come 2020's COVID-19.

Teacher Preparedness.

Concepts.

Just be willing to accept a fail as an opportunity to come back next time with something to win with.

No teacher is perfect, no student is peppy and excited every single day.

As humans, the best way to be prepared, is to be prepared to explain ourselves, reflect on our actions and empathize with others the way we hope they can empathize with us.

------------------------------------------------
It took a lot of experience and time really to get to the point I am at, but I am now at a point that I can expect something to not happen, and my class would be fine. Technology is by no means, flawless. Even if a projector has a burnt out bulb or the photocopier is out of commission, I know that my lesson will continue on, just as I originally planned it. From handy white boards to online classroom activities, I have finally been able to conglomerate my resources in various spaces so that from day 1 to the end, I'm not asking myself what I am going to be doing on any given day.

No comments:

Post a Comment