Saturday, March 2, 2019

Pedagogy Principle #1-Personability

In my experience students ask questions. There are a number of questions I would never answer. But there are questions that need answers. My rapport with my students is usually quite good because I don't lie, I don't avoid answering the hard questions, I simply respond. It is common to get levels of questioning by students that teachers draw a line at, but it is not necessary to tell them its wrong for asking. I believe these questions that they ask are things they are genuinely curious about and although I won't share my personal experiences in a number of areas, I will let them know that it is a good question. Students have questions. Even though the answers to their questions are everywhere, they don't know what is real or fake, so they inquire where they trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment