Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Module 4: Reflection

https://www.smore.com/187j0

The link will take you to the newsletter (Smore) created for the final reflection of the course.

Below are the text blocks from the newsletter.

The discussions that stuck with me the most were regarding the initial assessment. Along with the initial assessment we talked about the observable learning skills and how that would look if we were to incorporate it into a lesson plan. It was an exceptional experience because, until it is complete, it simply feels daunting to even just consider. Once it is complete though, you find it is relatively easy and malleable if you have an exceptional template.

As an Advocate for ELL,

My next step is to get more experience working with parents that are newcomers or have children that are currently enrolled and recognized as ELL/ELD. I want to be a teacher that offers support and expertise in areas that can help their children succeed in the education system, rather than get left behind or struggle because of choice they didn't really get a say in. Learning any language is difficult, but learning a new language and culture, that is tough, who will anchor these students down in a school if not the teachers?

Carmelo Bono

This course has done a lot for me as an educator, I found that in my practice I am more likely to catch moments that would be much more valuable for students had I been using differentiation related to the observable learning skills. The aspects of my classroom management that could be improved upon are more my endorsement in the use of Language 1 as a vehicle of information delivery. Not only should I encourage its use, but foster it with additional areas for recording L1 on worksheets. My practice has improved I feel, but next is my experience. I need to find a position that will allow me to develop my new found expertise in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment