Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Special Education Pt.2-Assignment #1: Presentation (20min)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VwnIQyXcjZ-k1MOKc2ZVhAX2DCeOnDJf

I have been instructed to choose a topic from a list of disorders that students may have in a class/school. After choosing "Eating Disorders" (as I have experience teaching students about this), I was invited to create a 20 minute presentation for (presumably coworkers) people who have NO IDEA about the topic/or even what it could imply.

I originally aimed to make the presentation a healthy mix of introducing my teaching strategies/technology wherewithal, however it turned into more of a "resource dump". I think  have been teaching ELL too long-kept content knowledge low-application high and support resource availability at a confusingly high amount. This is a great resource for teachers building classroom resources/pro-d opportunities for members of their learning communities as it includes exit ticket exemplars; introduction exemplars; ELL strategies; vocabulary enhancement and even classroom activity ideas.

Regardless, one of the funniest things I found in my presentation was that I included a case study of a famous musician who was diagnosed with anorexia...well guess what the second assignment is...discuss a case study of a student (fabricated) who suffers from said disorder...ahead?

All the best, apologies on the delay (to my classmates who have been waiting for the presentation)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment